• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon ProGraf Pro 1000 setup for Lightroom CC

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded printers from the Canon Pixma Pro 9500 MkII to the new Canon ProGraf Pro 1000. I got great prints from the Pro 9500 MkII but I wanted the bigger paper size the Pro 1000 gives me. Since the upgrade, I have a bunch of questions I don’t really see answers to in the manual. No particular order to my questions as I just jotted them down as I went along.

Does using specific paper .icc profiles take the place of custom or common color calibrations on the Prograf Pro 1000?

If so, how do you turn off printer color management in the Pro 1000 driver setup?

On my 9500Pro Mkll I was able to turn off printer color management and use the printer .icc setup in LIghtroom to manage color from my calibrated monitor. It does not appear I can do that in the ProGraf Pro1000 software. If I use the .icc profile for my paper in the Canon Print Studio Pro software, do I set the Lightroom print module to printer manages color?  I would think if I use both the Lightroom module to set the .icc as well as the Canon Print Studio software to the same .icc profile, it would be a potential conflict? Or, do I set the Canon software color management to auto and use Lightroom to choose the .icc profile?

I also noticed that in Lightroom, I have the color space set to ProPhoto RGB which I am told is the best color space to use for printing. When I open Print Studio Pro, it shows the embedded color space on the image as Adobe RGB 1998 and I cannot change that setting. If Lightroom has the image as Pro Photo and the printer driver Adobe RGB, how can soft proofing work?

Any direction I can get will be very much appreciated. I really want  to take advantage of all the great features of this printer. Thanks.

Jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have a printer that is nearly as sophisticated as yours. I am using the Canon Pixma Pro-100. But as far as color management is concerned, you need to either let Lightroom manage the color or your printer driver. You must only use one or the other. If you try to use both then your prints will really be off. On my printer, I turn time management off in the printer driver. But I don't know if my driver interface looks anything at all like yours.

Print Studio Pro probably displays a little differently in my set up. I don't have a choice of Adobe RGB. I basically have a choice of Pro mode or ICC profile mode or ambient light. But as I understand it, if you decide to use Print Studio Pro and choose the appropriate paper profile then the print should match as long as your monitor is adjusted properly.

If you want to soft proof in Lightroom using Adobe RGB then you can change to that in the soft proofing  settings when soft proofing is active.

I probably haven't given you a lot of help because apparently you have different settings in Print Studio Pro  than I have. Perhaps closer study of the printer manual could give you more insight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines