• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy animation into new composition

Participant ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've animated our logo in a standalone composition, and I'd like to be able to bring that animation into other compositions. I might need to adjust the timings depending on what's going on in each composition, so ideally I'd rather not have to use an exported .mp4 but copy the actual animation in on a layer. Is this possible? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Never mind, I've worked it out myself.. import the composition into the new project and you can actually just drag the composition itself in as a layer, and double click on it when you need to edit it. Didn't know you could do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-compose your logo, use it as a layer in teh otehr comps. enable time-remapping to adjust the timing on each individual layer.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you explain what pre-compose means please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind, I've worked it out myself.. import the composition into the new project and you can actually just drag the composition itself in as a layer, and double click on it when you need to edit it. Didn't know you could do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A NLE like Premiere Pro is for making movies requires about as much training as driving a car to get started and be productive. After Effects is an app designed specifically to create shots and short sequences. It is not for editing. You use AE to do things that you cannot do in a NLE. After Effects requires about the same amount of training as flying an airplane to be productive and efficient. To be really good at it you need as much training as a Navy pilot shooting night landings in a hurricane in an F-18 with half your wing shot off. IOW, it takes a lifetime.

My best advice is to start here: Basic AE​, then move on to some good books or a training series like the ones from Total Training or Lynda.com. Every hour you spend with a good trainer will save you at least as much time on your next few projects. Watch out for amateurs posting how to's on YouTube. Make sure you vet your sources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure why you're telling me this when I was asking how to bring an animation into an existing composition rather than how to use AE from scratch. I've recently done a professional course in AE, I just don't know how to do everything yet, hence my post. I believe that's what these forums are for....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines