• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advice video card for Premiere Pro CC 2017

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, considering that I must buy a new video card for Premiere Pro CC 2017, I am undecided among the 980, the Titan, or the 1060. Which do you recommend me? Does The 980 work as a card recommended by Adobe for GPU acceleration (CUDA)? Does The Titan have different versions which I must take? Which do you recommend me between the Titan and the 1060? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the EVGA GTX 1060 SC (06G-P4-6163-KR) with CC 2017.  It is a reasonable priced card and with the built-in superclocking plus the free, available, and safe overclocking it is an excellent buy and works perfectly for CUDA acceleration.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a EVGA GTX Titan and then released it was used.  Now I'm looking at returning it.  I considered the 10 series cards but are they supported (I would suppose so since you are uing the 1060 SC)? They are not listed on the Premiere Pro supported cards...not sure if it is even worth it to try the Used Titan...it is an older card, right?

This a great discussion for anyone trying to upgrade their GPU.  I'm curious to know what you end up going with @giovannif93934290

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a constant experimenter as required by my Premiere Pro BenchMark (as funds are available) but the best score on PPBM ever scored is 8 seconds on the MPEG2-DVD timeline with GPU acceleration.  That was on a dual Xeon with 512 GB of RAM with four GTX 980 GPU's  On my i7-5960X @4.5 GHz with 64 GB of RAM and two GTX 1060 overclocked GPU's I get 10 seconds.

All GTX 1000 series GPU's work great with Premiere's GPU CUDA acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVIDIA Quadro M6000 24GB (4 DP, DL-DVI-I) (2 DP to SL-DVI adapter)

Get the beast!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What for, it is a waste of money!  For that kind of money you can build a whole supercomputer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill are you talking about the M6000? 3072 Cuda cores... money isn't an object here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, money would be an issue.  I got the NVidia GTX 1070...was even told by the Premiere engineers it would work - no 3072 cores but 1920 and 8GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a very good choice Jared. It's a solid card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is very interesting but the best score on the GPU intensive Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) of mine scores 8 seconds and that took 4 each GTX 980 on a dual Xeon.  I am getting 11 seconds with my i7-5960X and overclocked dual GTX 1060 SC GPU's for only about 10% of the cost of your M6000 ($4739 versus 2 x $259 = $518).  A total of 2560 CUDA cores.

Let us know how well you do when you get your card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was interested if the GTX1060 6gb is enough to play and edit 4k with, presuming the processor (5820k) and hard drives are fast enough. The fact the you can record super fast times in the benchmarking app kind of answers this. Though will it still perform adequately with just one said graphics card and not GPU overclocked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One correction, I do not have any hard disk drives in either my laptop or my newer desktop, nor will I ever have a hard disk drive fully installed.  I can read off of my many, many old hard disk drives with a plug-in capability but normally I am all SSD.

• One GTX 1060 non-overclocked = 27 second
  • One GTX 1060 overclocked = 21 seconds
  • Two GTX 1060 non-overclocked = 19 seconds
  • Two GTX 1060 overclocked = 11 seconds

If you want 3840 cores buy two GTX 1070 for a whole lot less money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I'm not looking for super fast times, but function and stability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, at the end I are bought me a Zotac GTX 1070 Founders Edition, not us a way to increase the performances not to make to go off completely the video? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines