• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting a Calendar into the next year

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty new to InDesign. I used it last year for the first time to create a photo calendar as a Christmas Gift for my large family. I am wondering if I need to start over and re-enter all the birthdays anniversaries and other things I added to it or if there is a way to transfer all the information over into a 2017 calendar and just add my new photos. Any help would be greatly appreciated and save me a ton of time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on how you did it last year. Did you use text frames or table cells to make up the days of your calendar? If you used text frames, did you thread the text through the text frames as a single story, or is each entry a single bit of text in a single text frame? Did you use a template you got somewhere else, or did you create this from scratch? There are also some scripts that will create a calendar that you could have used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Calendar Wizard to make the calendar last year. Is there any way to transfer the calendar data over to next year or do I need to start from scratch again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version of the Calendar Wizard script lets you set up a file containing your holidays/anniversaries/other special dates.

So while you'll probably have to set it all up again this year, once you do that and save the file, you can reuse those dates for years and years in the future.

The steps for editing/creating your holiday file are on the Calendar Wizard script page http://calendarwizard.sourceforge.net/user-guide/user-guide-advanced-features-holidays.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines