• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR builds smart previews on their own but not when syncing to LR mobile

Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was sitting waiting for LR CC to sync with LR mobile, but it appeared to be stalled on making smart previews. On impulse, I paused sync and with sync turned off managed to build smart previews rapidly. I then turned sync back on, and now LR is stalled trying to build again smart previews that already exist ...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The smart previews built by Library > Previews > Build Smart Previews are generated completely independently of the files uploaded to Lr Mobile. If you have smart previews in your catalogue, the sync process ignores them and generates its own.

The sync process never tells you it is trying to build smart previews. Exactly what is stalled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh yes it does. If I hover my mouse over the icon just above the top right of the thumbnail of any of the 760 images I'm trying to sync,I get the legend 'Building smart preview for LR mobile' but there is no progress, hence 'stalled'. When the sync process is working, you next see, when clicking on this icon, "uploading to LR mobile' and then 'Synced with LR mobile'. Currently nothing is happening at all. My question is why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines