• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Adobe Flash Player

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be unable to install Adobe Flash Player on my Mac. This is the error message I receive after I download the application: Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 9.46.20 PM.png

The Troubleshoot link leads to this page--Why do I receive "License Manager Error -96"? - MATLAB Answers - MATLAB Central --which I honestly can't make sense of (gave it a try but failed).

I've also uninstalled the older version of Adobe FP that was on my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Hi,

Please delete everything (.dmlp) after the .dmg in the file name for the Flash Player installer.

For some reason, when MathLab installed it appends the .mdlp extension to the DMG file that was downloaded.  When users attempt to launch it instead of being opened with DiskImageMounter, which is what OS X uses to open DMG files, it opens using MathLab.  If this happens in the future just delete '.mdlp' from the file name and DiskImageMounter will open the DMG, instead of MathLab.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please delete everything (.dmlp) after the .dmg in the file name for the Flash Player installer.

For some reason, when MathLab installed it appends the .mdlp extension to the DMG file that was downloaded.  When users attempt to launch it instead of being opened with DiskImageMounter, which is what OS X uses to open DMG files, it opens using MathLab.  If this happens in the future just delete '.mdlp' from the file name and DiskImageMounter will open the DMG, instead of MathLab.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked!! Thank you so, so, so, so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines