• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Layout

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i need help with making a book layout in In design or Illustrator. I want it to look something simple like this book. However im only using a single sheet paper(17x11), so when I print the layout I can fold the sheet to make a book like this. The book is 17x11 and has 16 pages. 

book_0041.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a job for InDesign, even if some of the art in done in Illustrator.

A book like this should be set up as facing pages, using an 8.5 x 11 page size. That is how professional printers will want it set up, and that is also how you should set it up for home printing. -- (Did you mean 16 8.5 x 11 pages, or 16 11 x 17 pages?)

Screenshot 2016-11-08 14.21.54.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I mean I have to use one sheet of paper for the book. The paper can be either 11x17 or 8.5x11 landscape or portrait. I need help setting up the guidelines because when I print the sheet I'm gonna fold it into a book. My book has 16 pages so I need to divide the document paper into 16 even parts. I'm having trouble on that part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably 8 pages sheet work (8 pages printed each side of the 11" x 17" sheet).

image.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not want to design your actual document this way.

Make a PDF as usual, and process this instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines