• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PProPanel sample updated for 11.0 (CC 2017)

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/PProPanel

https://github.com/Adobe-CEP/Samples/tree/master/PProPanel

New stuff!

• Panels can now access and modify nearly all characteristics of clips in sequences (without resorting to QE DOM subterfuge)
  • Get/set param values and keyframes
  • The Encoder object can now render any projectItem; you can also just have it transcode a file path
  • Get/set selection, within the timeline

Some general sample improvements as well. I show how panels can emulate PPro's new ingest functionality, and I've added a listener for a Vulcan-based message, sent by the After Effects sample panel (which I'll be updating soon).

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Not yet modifiable, Harel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exciting news! A few questions for you:

1. Does Premiere Pro CC 2017 use CEP 7.0 yet or are we still on CEP 6.1?
  2. What does the QE in "QE DOM" stand for (for those of us who are new to this ecosystem)?
  3. In another context, we discussed changes to the api_doc.html page but that didn't seem to get updated with this latest commit. Is there something further coming with respect to this?

Thanks for all the work that went into this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. CEP 6.1

2. "Quality Engineering"

3. Yep, looks like I stomped my own changes—will update soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What's the situation with the CEP versions? Any particular reason things aren't moving in lockstep?
  2. Understood! Thanks!
  3. Great! Thanks for the update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Different apps have different time available in their schedules, for integrating shared Adobe tech.

For 11.0 (a.k.a. CC2017), we focused on adding to PPro's API, rather than integrating CEP7, which became available "out of phase" with the start of our dev cycle.

is there a compelling CEP7 feature or fix, for which you're hoping?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There aren't any specific features that we require in CEP7 [at present], more of an interest in seeing a consistent landscape for development. While we're starting with building an extension in Premiere Pro, we are considering extending into other applications as well. Having a "unified" environment would just be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bruce!

I can see your great news regarding: "...Panels can now access and modify nearly all characteristics of clips in sequences (without resorting to QE DOM subterfuge)..."

I can definitely access the clips and their characteristics, but I cannot modify them. In particular, I'd like to modify the clip's start, inPoint and duration. I tried the assign-operator, but that wouldn't help (I guess those attributes are "read-only"). Is there any other way of doing that ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet modifiable, Harel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your prompt answer.

1) Is there any dirty way around it today ? Can I, using the C++ SDK or ExtendScript delete the item and re-import it with the correct attributes ?

2) Do we have some kind of ETA when will it be modifiable ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Perhaps, but I'd need a full overview (from a user's perspective) of the workflows you'd like to support.

2. No, we have no ETA we can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we still have the "Due to the io.js move, Node.js and the Browser context don’t talk to each other anymore." issue in PPro?

https://www.davidebarranca.com/2015/12/html-panel-tips-19-cc2015-1-cep6-1-node-js-fixes/

I just enameled node on a panel and it broke all my jquery code so I assume yes, but not sure my manifest is setup correctly.

I checked out your example panel update and saw you're enabling node.js but can't see where's it's used anywhere.

TNKS!

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines