• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project disappeared and doesn't appear in activity

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a sketch project for the past couple weeks, and then it just went blank with no undo option. It appears blank in assets.adobe.com, and there is no 10-day history/retention on it. Does the 10-day version history not apply with mobile apps like Adobe Sketch? Should be a warning to all users that begin working on a project, just to have it bug/glitch and find out there's no way to recover the data...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Hi Kronhjorten (and Jinyang).

The product team has pinpointed the bug in the Learn Brush Basics tutorial. Unfortunately the work is not recoverable. When this error occurs the project isn't actually deleted but rather is saved without content after it's "worked on" after viewing the tutorial.

I know it doesn't bring your work back, but a fix is in the works and should make it to an AppStore update, I think, late this week.

My apologies to both of you for your lost work; I know how awful it is to w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jinyang.

My apologies for taking so long to respond. I'm really sorry about this. 

I'm not sure what a 10-day history/retention is... We do have an Archive, that holds projects for 30 days when they're accidentally deleted, but from what I've experienced, projects don't drop into that Archive when it's a bug that causes the deletion.

I'm also really unsure what happened, so I have a few questions:

What device, what version of iOS and what version of Sketch are you using?

Do you remember what you were you doing when the drawing went blank?

I may need you to send me some information privately, but any details you can give me will help.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to brush guide , and exited it and somehow maybe I click somewhere.

My whole layer is changed to a gray layer. I tried to close it. And it keep

loading/ auto saving so last like 10 seconds . I forced to close and start

again it's all gone

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 4:09 PM Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jinyang.

What version of Sketch are you using?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jinyang,

Our team has been researching this since we last spoke and one of our engineers had another question for you:

Did you lose the drawing after using Learn Brush Basics or Learn Gesture Basics (they're tutorials accessible from the Gear icon in the upper navigation)?

Thank you for all of your help with this.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah lean brush basic . After I exited it and my project became a gray paper

Like this

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 2:34 PM Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jinyang.

They're trying to get to the bottom of what happened.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same happened to me today.on my brand new I-pad Air 2..

I worked on a project and came pretty far on 2 hours. then I tried the brush tutorial and the program showed an error message so I had to restart. And my project was erased with a strange grey blank file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kronhjorten (and Jinyang).

The product team has pinpointed the bug in the Learn Brush Basics tutorial. Unfortunately the work is not recoverable. When this error occurs the project isn't actually deleted but rather is saved without content after it's "worked on" after viewing the tutorial.

I know it doesn't bring your work back, but a fix is in the works and should make it to an AppStore update, I think, late this week.

My apologies to both of you for your lost work; I know how awful it is to watch it disappear.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines