How do we use Adobe XD comments?

Where is this feature?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Hi Karen,

You can add comments to your shared prototype (in the browser). So in order to add comments, after designing and prototyping (linking your artboards) your project - share the prototype, then click on the link generated to load it in the browser (this is the link you'd share with your colleagues and/or stakeholders).

From there, you and others with the link can add comments to the shared prototype page.

hth,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

You can add comments to your shared prototype (in the browser). So in order to add comments, after designing and prototyping (linking your artboards) your project - share the prototype, then click on the link generated to load it in the browser (this is the link you'd share with your colleagues and/or stakeholders).

From there, you and others with the link can add comments to the shared prototype page.

hth,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to allow my clients leave comments without needing to have an adobe account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not at the moment, though it's something that you should upvote in UserVoice:

Comment on shared prototype without having to sign in – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client has already commented on my prototype and I would like to make updates. Will I lose all comments if I "Update Link"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

If you update the link (rather than create a new link), the comments will be retained along with your updated content.

Regards,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i view previous pinned comments made by clients ? They arn't displaying in the prototype view ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stephanez,

Currently you can't see comments within the Adobe XD desktop app itself.  If you visit the same link your clients used to post comments, you can view and reply to them there.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can we tag someone in comment section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sobhagya,

This is a feature we hope to add in the near future. But, at this time, you cannot.

Joan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is this still true or has something changed ("near future")?

We have the same problem. The steakholder doesn´t get notified and that's a big problem for the workflow
I would like to have an official answer, so that I definitly know, that we can´t have thist way of exchange.
Nicole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My client is asking about being notified (by email or via the Adobe creative cloud) whenever a new comment or a reply to an old comment was added to an XD link that was shared with him. I didn't find any way to help him with this.
I am commenting and sending replies and he's not getting notifications so that he knows that we are waiting for his answers back & comments.

I did a small research about this point and found this: “As the author or the designer who initiated the review, you will receive a notification as soon as a reviewer adds a comment. Click the notification to open the shared prototype and view the comments.”

So ideally, there is no way to notify all members who were involved within a shared link whenever a comment or reply is added, but this is really useful and time consuming for the client and for us.

I wish we could have a solution for this:)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree, it's hard to stay in loop if there isn't a notification of a comment. I can't be checking the prototype all the time and hoping there are changes.... That would be a huge waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I export all comments/and or notifications from the prototype?

Thanks,

AJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@AJ739I would like to do exactly the same, any way I can achieve this process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines