Video Card Recommendations?

Contributor ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NVidia GTX-960 with 2gb Memory

I7 with 32gb memory running Windows 10

A couple of SSD 2TB drives

I hate to even think about spending more money but I'm also tired of my video blacking out while working. I've tried drivers old and new.

I need a reliable system. I currently can't work in CUDA because after every few moves the screen goes black. Only way to get it back is to switch to software only.

I know there are a lot of people with this problem. But perhaps some who do not have this problem might share which Video Card they are using.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the 4GB 960 with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an EVGA GTX1060 SC (06G-P4-6163-KR) 6 GB card with no known problems so far.  As an avid experimenter and Premiere Pro BenchMark (PPBM) devloper I was so enthused with the initial results I bought a second one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently put a 6GB GTX1060 in my PC replacing/augmenting an older 2GB GTX680... Premiere Pro is a lot less flaky since I put it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info\suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are peoples thoughts between the GTX Titan 6GB vs the GTX 780 3GB?  Is the Titan worth the extra money?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What i7 are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines