• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Digital Editions stops downloading-not responding

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't download new library books.  The older ones download fine and copy to my KOBO but the newer books begin to download, everything looks fine and then everything goes on hold and nothing else happens. The download doesn't finish. If I cancel, it shows up in my library as NEW and not responding will occur if I try to open it.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

I've just found the advise on this issue on another Adobe forum.

You download the epub.acsm file, then open it with Adobe digital editions.

It begins working, shows you green bar and then hangs.

After you get "not responding" message, close Adobe.

Do it with all other books you have wand to use.

Then double go to your Documents folder, and find there folder My Digital Editions. All the books are there with removed protection, just normal epub files. You can transfer them to your Kobo reader using any

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to scan the Kobo's hard drive, then did the reset with the paper clip at the bottom.

The scan did not find any problems, and I have completed the transfer of one book, so there must be some I've done.

Other than that, red wine and some deep breathing is what you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Adobe attempt to download the book and hangs. Then computer tells that Adobe doesn't respond.

I've just had a chat with tech support, they sent me here telling that there are plenty of "experts" on this issue on this forum...

Very interesting idea - to make a garbage software and then suggest users to try to fix it them self...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just found the advise on this issue on another Adobe forum.

You download the epub.acsm file, then open it with Adobe digital editions.

It begins working, shows you green bar and then hangs.

After you get "not responding" message, close Adobe.

Do it with all other books you have wand to use.

Then double go to your Documents folder, and find there folder My Digital Editions. All the books are there with removed protection, just normal epub files. You can transfer them to your Kobo reader using any normal software for book management - for example I'm using Calibre..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much!  It worked.  Your first response was also completely accurate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome!

Really it's a shame that so huge and well known software development company as Adobe makes users to resolve such issues without tech support.

All the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I understand you correctly?  You are saying once the borrowed book is in the Downloads File, you should convert it using Calibre.  The transfer to the e-reader without using ADE at all?  I have problems with ADE with only some borrowed books.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This would not work for me as Calibre said it was DRM protected.  Apparently a Calibre add-on can remove DRM protection, but I am told this is illegal.  Besides, it is a real nuisance to have ADE crash, then use some other software to finish what ADE started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines