• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Adobe Animate 2017 be placed in InDesign 2017?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can an animation created in Adobe Animate 2017 (HTML canvas) be imported into an InDesign book that will be published online? I have animations I want for my book that I can only create using Adobe Animate.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

You can add Animation created in Animate CC 2017 to InDesign CC 2017 by first adding the Entire Animation to CC Libraries from Adobe Animate CC 2017 and then placing it in your InDesign Document by dragging and dropping from panel (Windows > CC Libraries). Alternatively, you can place the published output of animation(.fla, .oam files) to the InDesign document directly by File > Place.

Thanks,

Aditi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From reading the Whats New file for Animate CC 2017, it looks like adding an entire animation to CC Libraries is a new feature. It appears that it's a way to share OAM packages, which as Aditi says, is supported by InDesign CC 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whats New file for Animate CC 2017 is where I should have looked. I see it now. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Aditi. That's good news. In the past I was able to insert animations made in Adobe Edge Animate, but couldn't find information to that effect for Adobe Animate in the help for InDesign 2017. I'm sure it's in there somewhere, but also Google searches were to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find a brief information about this in what's new page of InDesign CC 2017, as well : InDesign CC new features | New modern and customizable UI

Thanks,
Aditi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Aditi.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines