New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I import my RAW files into LR I create a set of folders:

A - Upload

B - Processed

C - Output

I want to maintain a set of empty folders to copy to a new project.  I can't find a way to do that in LR; I was hoping it could be done in Windows Explorer but when I synch the project folder after I create the subfolders it doesn't import the folders.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need a processed folder? The image files are not changed. All of the adjustments are the catalog. You could create a collection for your processed work and then export your copies to a folder of your choice and add it to the catalog. Maybe I'm not understanding you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved processed pics to a separate folder so that I can easily select all of them to export to JPG's.  This also tells me what pictures I have reviewed as I always process chronologically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could do that with a collection. As I indicated, moving "finished" images doesn't really accomplish anything because there are no changes applied to the image file. You are simply moving unmodified image files from one folder to another. But if it works for you then go for it. All of the changes are in the catalog. As long as the catalog knows where you moved the images you'll be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "why" is because the folders are empty. LR is not a file browser; it only knows about folders that contain images that have been imported.

In general, it is best not to move files after they have been imported.

My folder structure for each photo shoot has two folders, "originals" and "exports". I tend to process the images in chronological order. The history panel for each image tells me if the image has been edited or not. I also use the star ratings; less than three stars does not get edited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines