1 2 Previous Next 61 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2010 1:06 PM by Maurice Coombs Go to original post RSS
      • 40. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
        chrisdat Community Member
        I deleted all keychain login certificates. I rebooted. I tried Adobe Media again, didn't work. Here is my log:
        Starting app install of file:///Users/christinedattilo/Desktop/adobe_media_player.air
        UI SWF load is complete
        UI initialized
        Unpackaging to /private/var/folders/9c/9c2l9zRf2RWQ1++BYv7eNU+++TM/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0
        failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="internal crypto error" errorID=0]
        starting cleanup of temporary files
        application installer exiting

Chris
        • 41. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
          dsa01 Community Member

How do I capture an install log? The link in the first or second post of this thread that gives instructions is dead.

Thanks.
          • 43. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
            dsa01 Community Member
            quote:

Originally posted by: chrisdat
            Link to how to capture install log:
            http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb403123&sliceId=1

Thanks. Here's the log for SPAZ:

Starting app install of http://funkatron.com/apps/spaz/AIR/SpazAIR.air
            UI SWF load is complete
            UI initialized
            failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception Error: Error #2014" errorID=2014]
            • 44. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
              jritchey@katsur.com
              I was getting the same problems as pickle jar, I am on a MacBook running OS 10.5.4. I backed up the /var/folder/zz folder then removed it. Now AIR apps will install. I am not sure what is held in this folder, I hope someone can enlighten me.
              • 45. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                dsa01 Community Member
                deleting the /var/folders/zz folder did not fix this issue for me. I can't even get Air installer to install properly any more. Launching the AIR app used to install it into the /Applications/Utilities folder, and associate .air files with it, now nothing happens when opening the program from the dmg file.

Trying to install anything from the web fails as well. A couple of more install logs:

Starting app install of http://funkatron.com/apps/spaz/AIR/SpazAIR.air
                UI SWF load is complete
                UI initialized
                failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception Error: Error #2014" errorID=2014]

UI SWF load is complete
                stateRunningAppInstaller: appinstaller -runtime "/var/folders/CO/COLPFwJZGACYWWjy3XA3NE+++TI/-Tmp-/airraEOLk/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks" -playerVersion=9,0,124,0 -sandboxType=remote -securityDomain=airdownload.adobe.com -https=false -fromUserEvent=true -- -withRuntime -url http://funkatron.com/apps/spaz/AIR/SpazAIR.air -- "installed from web"
                App installer failed; exit code 7
                begin quitting

• 46. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                  stjohnsj Community Member
                  Oliver: Are you interested in getting the crypto error causing certificate file? If so then contact me directly as I don't want to post someone else's certificate publicly. The problem with the cert is real and 100% reproducible. If the cert is in the keychain, AIR apps won't install. If you delete it, everything works ok.
                  • 47. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                    Simon Bailey ACP
                    Dude that is it, cracked it, well done that man!!!!!! I deleted 2 certificates and was a plonker cos I should have noted which one was the culprit! There was the DashboardAdvisor cert which I think is the controversial apple reporting back to home user information, and a hosting webmail signed certificate! Anyway, works now which is cool. I would still avoid larger scale AIR apps for the moment till Adobe nip these kind of issues in the bud, seems to be a hell of a lot of people reporting issues still!
                    • 48. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                      tzeng Adobe Employee
                      quote:

Originally posted by: stjohnsj
                      Oliver: Are you interested in getting the crypto error causing certificate file? If so then contact me directly as I don't want to post someone else's certificate publicly. The problem with the cert is real and 100% reproducible. If the cert is in the keychain, AIR apps won't install. If you delete it, everything works ok.

Hi stjohnsj,
                      Oliver is on vacation right now. I have sent you a private message. Could you send the information to me?
                      This will help us to track down the problem.

Thanks,

-ted
                      • 49. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                        I don't have certificates and still can't install air applications.. really is frustrating ! :-(
                        Hope you find a solution and update soon.
                        • 50. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                          Community Member
                          ah figured it out. Has to do with firewall. You have to allow all incoming connections. if you are set to anything more secure .. apps will fail .. so Adobe just need to prompt the system to allow this type of connection or something. For now just Turn off Firewall.. install then turn back on.

• 51. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                            gaurav_ch Community Member
                            Hi,

I am on windows xp pro sp2 and I am getting the same error. I am trying to create an air app using dreamweaver and I am able to preview it but alas its not installing. I have tried everything here and have the firewall turned off also. But it is showing the same error. However, when I download and install some other app not made by me, it installs perfectly.

What is happening?

gaurav
                            • 52. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                              dsa01 Community Member
                              You're kidding about the firewall, right? Seriously, any software that insists you turn off your firewall to install itself or components doesn't belong on your computer. BAD BAD BAD.
                              • 53. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                                Oliver Goldman Adobe Employee
                                AIR does not require that you disable your firewall. I'm not sure what @frozenflat has run into, but I'm sure that's not the issue.

@gaurav_ch: You need to inspect the log file for your specific situation to determine what problem you're facing.

• 54. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                                  gaurav_ch Community Member
                                  Hi,

@Oliver I was able to successfully install my app without any errors. I unchecked the timestamp option under create a new certificate. It solved my problem.

Thanks.
                                  • 55. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                                    justria Community Member
                                    Just a short note, that certain properties of an AIR application are only if the app is running in deployed mode, not when launched from FlexBuilder.

Once example is [at least on OS X]:

NativeApplication.nativeApplication.startAtLogin

I suppose, this is due to the fact, that an AIR app launched by FlexBuilder isn't a 'first class citizen' yet.

• 56. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                                      Adil@Flex
                                      Hi All,
                                      I am using MAC Book PRO . When i am trying to install my application on Mac i am getting same error

Sorry, an error has occured The application could not be installed because the AIR file is damaged. Try obtaining a new AIR file from the application author
                                      and the same Happens for All Air file even with adobe samples and other AIR ex SPAZ and all....

The same AIR is working fine on windows.

AND my appinstall.log is same as alexiicarey Post.
                                      starting app install of file:///Users/Adil/Desktop/OneView.Air
                                      UI SWF load is complete
                                      UI initialized
                                      Unpackaging to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0
                                      failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="invalid package signature" errorID=5022]

I tried every thing discussed in this thread. there is no Certificates in my key chain. and no zz folder in /var/folders
                                      i removed the time stamp also but no Luck

Any help in this area would be relieving.
                                      Thank you
                                      • 57. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                                        Adil@Flex Community Member
                                        here is my complete installation log .........

Performing runtime install
                                        UI SWF load is complete
                                        UI initialized
                                        starting user confirmation
                                        Installation type: new
                                        starting elevated install
                                        subinstaller: starting install
                                        subinstaller: Scheduling runtime installation operations
                                        subinstaller: Beginning runtime installation
                                        subinstaller: Beginning install
                                        subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework
                                        subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app
                                        subinstaller: Saving /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
                                        subinstaller: Copying /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
                                        subinstaller: Deleting /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/Current/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
                                        subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app to /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app
                                        subinstaller: Saving /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks
                                        subinstaller: Copying /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks to /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
                                        subinstaller: Deleting /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Resources/Adobe AIR Updater.app/Contents/Frameworks
                                        subinstaller: Copying /Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework/Versions/1.0/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app to /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app
                                        subinstaller: Registering /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app/Contents/Info.plist
                                        subinstaller: chown of /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework completed with status -1
                                        subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Application Installer.app completed with status -1
                                        subinstaller: chown of /Applications/Utilities/Adobe AIR Uninstaller.app completed with status 0
                                        subinstaller: Execution complete; beginning commit phase
                                        subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file1
                                        subinstaller: Deleting /private/var/tmp/folders.501/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp0/file2
                                        subinstaller: Commit complete
                                        subinstaller: install complete
                                        Elevated install completed
                                        subinstaller: begin quitting
                                        begin quitting

• 58. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                                          smeagol-fish

I know I am digging up an old thread. But there was no resolution mentioned for the problem and I have run into similar situation as others have reported.

If Oliver is still looking into this issue, please respond to this thread.

• 59. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                                            powdermonster_

I too am still having this problem, i've tried all the fixes mentioned in this thread and via all the links within it and am still having issues installing air apps on my macbook.

error log:

Starting app install of file:///Users/keri/Desktop/TweetDeck_0_34.3.air
                                            UI SWF load is complete
                                            UI initialized
                                            Unpackaging to /private/var/folders/lc/lcgmHAjFEEOxK5r6j-Qva++++TI/TemporaryItems/FlashTmp1
                                            unpackaging is complete
                                            application is bound to side-by-side version 1.0
                                            application is bound to this version of the runtime
                                            app id TweetDeckFast
                                            pub id FFF259DC0CE2657847BBB4AFF0E62062EFC56543.1
                                            failed while unpackaging: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #3003" errorID=3003]

• 60. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                                              powdermonster_ Community Member

Finally found a solution that works, only taken me a coule of days of looking !

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/605543?tstart=0

• 61. Re: Inability to install AIR applications on mac os x
                                                Maurice Coombs

After originally being installed on my system, AIR refused to upgrade to latest version.  After trying various "fixes" I found on the web, I now have no version of AIR installed and am accordingly cancelling my NY Times subscription, etc.  The message that I get, "An error occurred while installing Adobe AIR. Installation may not be allowed by your administrator. Please contact your administrator." is isngularly unhelpful.  I am the administrator.

One should not need to be a systems engineer to install such a piece of code.

I am losing all respect for Adobe, a company from whom I have purchased much software over the years.

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.4 on a 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5 iMac with 8 GB 1967 MHz DDR3 memory.

1 2 Previous Next