Exit

AE+Cineware -- problem with extracted camera

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'll get to the point with the problem. AE CC 2017 + C4D R17

I have a file in C4D with camera movement (all 3 keyframes ) the there is a laptop comming into view as the camera moves, and when all of it is visible the camera continues to move in smooth slow movement farther away from the computer. Easy.

When imported to AE, set in it's own composition i move time indicator to the beginning of the timeline (if not - one sec of layers will be visible, and keyframes would be offset to the end of timeline -wierd) click EXTRACT and this is the point where it gets funny. When I choose import Cinema 4d camera, suddenly it gets slight rebound at the end of last movement, when in the C4D the camera smoothly moves until the last keyframe, but now it looks like the movemen is like a yoyo.

the problem starts with the precomps and footage I'd like to composit on the laptop's screen. While the laptops moves in it's own Cinema 4D style (good)

the additional footage follows this strangely behaving camera extracted from the file (bad). I've looked on the internet and tried many ways, nothing works.

Please help guys, I'd like to try this new for me method. I know I can  export the data to AE and render frames to stills in C4D, but hey, isn't the Cineware there

to speed up this process?

Thanks in Advance

Artur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Check your keyframe settings in C4D. This has to do with the auto-tangent/ auto-ease stuff that doesn't translate to AE keyframes properly. You can also manually bake keyframes in C4D if necessary.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your keyframe settings in C4D. This has to do with the auto-tangent/ auto-ease stuff that doesn't translate to AE keyframes properly. You can also manually bake keyframes in C4D if necessary.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for advice. I suspected that it might be auto-tangent case, but I'm unable to correct it, because I don't know how to do it.

Could You please advice me on the baking , where to find it and how to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mylenium​

OK, thanks for advice, it worked.

I found the bake function in timeline after I clicked camera in Objects manager.

Artur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines