• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Persistent box edges in InDesign 2017?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I've just downloaded the new version of InDesign (12.0.0.81 Build) and am having problems! All text box edges are visible even when guides are off and the bounding box is hidden. I've exported pdfs from the document (assuming this was just a rendering issue in InDesign) but have found that the box edges are still very obvious in Acrobat and furthermore are still there when printed.

This effectively makes the latest version of InDesign useless as most documents I create are exported as pdfs.

Does anyone know what's happened here?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Hi everyone - I've just exited the app. and restarted the system. Hey presto - no edges visible!

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen this happen ... I suppose it might be too obvious to check whether or not there is a stroke applied to the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. No - no strokes applied to anything. I opened the resulting pdfs in Illustrator and was able to delete extra text boxes (with fills) which had been created by InDesign and appeared behind the original text boxes. I then re-saved these pdfs from Illustrator. I never needed to use a workaround in the previous version of ID so wondered what had changed.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try View > Extras > Hide Frame Edges. (Or use Preview mode.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve. Tried both those options but to no effect. The artefacts also appeared in the pdfs I exported from the InDesign document and printed, so it wasn't just a screen rendering issue within the application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extra text boxes with fills? You're leaving some information out of the narrative.

These extra boxes should be visible in the Layers panel after you expand the layer (click the ">".). At least I should hope they are visible there. So if they are, now you can determine exactly how and when they are created by watching that panel as you create a text frame, enter text, and do whatever else is in your workflow.  So when the suckers appear you ought to know why.

I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi everyone - I've just exited the app. and restarted the system. Hey presto - no edges visible!

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CRM,

In which version this indd file was saved which is having issue in new version. Can you please send one such file which is having this issue to ansjain@adobe.com, so that we can see the issue.

Thanks

-Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines