• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I close a multi state object?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the process of building a fixed layout epub in which I would like to feature full page pop out galleries. I can put the gallery together using MSO and i have worked out the nav using the buttons. I have the hide until triggered worked out on the MSO too but I cannot find a way of closing it down once all of the images have been viewed. Anyone have the answer to this? I cant be the first person to have had this issue but I cannot find the answer anywhere.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

How do I add buttons to individual states? Is this possible in indesign cc 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote this for DPS but it works the same for EPUB: http://boblevine.us/digital-publishing-suite-101-how-to-hide-a-slideshow/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, I had seen this actually and it really helped with getting me this far. The problem is that when the slide show gets to the state that has nothing in it my nav buttons are left hanging?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to prev/next buttons? If so, put them in each state of the MSO along with a close button that goes to the first empty state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I add buttons to individual states? Is this possible in indesign cc 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can add anything to an MSO.

I have a lynda.com course you might find helpful: https://www.lynda.com/InDesign-tutorials/Developing-Multistate-Objects-InDesign/197346-2.html

If you don’t have a subscription you can use this link for a 10-day trial: www.lynda.com/trial/boblevine<http://www.lynda.com/trial/boblevine>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines