• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

appearance of black in cc2017

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My appearance of black preferences display all blacks accurately is not working in CC 2017; does anybody has the same problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It us running here (macOS Sierra). Have you tried to delete the Cache and the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hilde,

Please can you re-check, if object with which you are seeing the issue, is applied with Black swatch only.

If the swatch(color) applied to the object is registration, the appearance of black will not affect it.

If this is not the case, please share with me the steps to reproduce the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Monica Singh

InDesign Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer; I was working on a web based document: 'sRGB and it shows only in CMYK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was working on a web based document: 'sRGB and it shows only in CMYK

Just to clarify, when you set up a document using a Web Intent, the swatches including the default [Black] are initially RGB. But any document—web or print—can have a mix of RGB and CMYK colors. InDesign documents don't have a single document color space.

Setting your Black Appearance preference can have an affect on either print or web intent documents, but it only applies to CMYK swatches and colors with a high percentage of black.

Here I have a Web Intent doc where the default [Black] is RGB (absolute black), along with two CMYK swatches set to 100% black. With Accurate Blacks turned on the CMYK blacks preview via the document's CMYK profile assignment—US Web Uncoated in this case. Printing offset on an uncoated sheet will produce a "weak" black which shows in the preview.

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 3.51.06 PM.png

If I turn on Display All Blacks as Rich Blacks, the three black colors preview the same, which would be helpful for screen only display, but wouldn't happen on press:

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 3.51.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines