• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign telling us to convert our own files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are getting this message when we try to open files on our server which we created with Adobe CC 2015.

"InDesign could not open <file name> because it has been created in a newer version - Adobe InDesign CC 2017. Click “Convert” to convert and open this document.

Content created using features specific to the later version of InDesign may be modified or omitted when you open the document in a previous version."

Has anyone else seen this message before? I had a chat session with Adobe and the answers I got were, Open the file > Exprt to IDML and reserve. Why would I have to do this for a file we created?

The other solution offered by Adobe was upgrade to CC 2017. If that is what we have to do fine, but that seems drastic considering the files we created are all of the sudden not being recognized by our software. And the person I chatted with didn't even acknowldege the error message as if it is a normal ocurrence.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message is exactly what it means. The file you’re trying to open was saved in the newest release of InDesign. Someone there already upgraded and used it. You should either install it, which I would advise you to do at this point, or allow it to be converted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks we updated the software today. As far as I know, nobody else had done this in our office until today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have an older version of InDesign that is open on your machine, that is the one that will try to open the file, regardless of what version it was created in. Either close the previous version program, or right-click to use open-with to choose the newer version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines