• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering with black bars on top and bottom

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've searched the discussions and seem to find things LIKE the issue I'm having, but not exactly.

Have a project scaled 1152 x 64 (use of a scoreboard space in a college basketball arena).

I've got the project sized properly, but upon rendering, it is coming out with black letterbox bars on top and bottom. Anyone know why this is happening, and more importantly, how to get it to stop from happening? If I haven't provided enough information as to what settings I'm using, please let me know. It needs to be an .mov file to run in the arena's system.

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 9.56.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 10.00.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 10.00.34 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And animation codec MOV file is probably not going to play back in real time because it was not designed it.

Black bars are probably only in your media player because media players frame sizes are fixed. You see the actual frame size of your movie import it back into AE And check the info or create a new comp  from the video and check the comp settings.

Last step is to get the exact format specifications required by the venue and then use the Adobe media and told her to render your deliverable file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh - interesting.

I took the rendered .mov file, dropped that back into AE, and the bars were gone. Converted that to a Comp, and the comp settings were the size I needed (sans black bars when converted).

Hopefully it's all good. I have the venue loading it into their system to test as well.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is highly unlikely that the animation codec movie you sent them is the right format for their playback system.  Everyone of those custom playback devices has their own specifications and you need to find them and follow them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aware. That's just the screen shot. I changed it to None before I rendered and sent for testing.

If it doesn't work (and it very well may not), I'll ask for system-specific settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines