• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Size Really Matter!?

Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating Character in Ps...

After following one of the tutorials that said... 2000 x 2000 pixels... I set up my Ps file accordingly.

However, when I came to view in Ch> Scene... I couldn't see the character that well.... I tried zooming in and out, Fit option, but it didn't really work that well.

Questions:

1. I note that the 'Blue Guy' measures up to:

2016-11-09_12-30-22.png

and this works well.... 50%, or Fit (42%)  ..... So, is there an optimal size that works well in Ch?

2. If the image is larger than the viewing screen

2016-11-09_12-41-35.png

Richard

I've just tried making a Basic Template: Using the same measurements as the 'Blue Guy'

2016-11-09_13-00-54.png

But.... it doesn't show the same in Ch!? Why?

2016-11-09_13-00-17.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I can see one problem between the two files.... Width and Height are changed around.

So now I've change my Basic Template to 800 Width and 1050px Height... the zoom is working just the same and as it should!

That's one question answered!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project panel in CH, click your scene (with the little clapboard icon). Look to the right in the properties panel and you will see scene dimensions. See 5:05 here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Dave!

So the Scene is set to 1920 x 1080 and I can change the size of the Ps file within that space! So Ps file only import in regard to quality of the image you're using.!?

I understand now why you said you start with a large canvas ... just in case you wish to enlarge the image in the Scene, without losing definition! Makes sense. A future project of my involves a photo image of my dog, so I'll probably increase the psi to 150, what do you think?

Been working on one-eyed character today... trying to get to grips with moving between Ps and Ch. Plus, working my way around the different panels. Slow but fun!

All the best

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you want to do closeups at any point, you'll probably want to make your character master artwork bigger in size. I wouldn't go with 150ppi - 72 should be enough for screen-based media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds good to me....

Thanks Dave!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines