• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom doesn't sync updated imagines to Web/mobile

Participant ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have been working on some projects which which deal with a lot of composite work.  Since the files tend to be very large I will create a jpg version of the image for customer review or me just showing off my work.  Those jpgs are added to my Catalog.  If I go back and modify the psb file I will always save a jpg with the SAME name as the first jpg image (in other words copy over the original).  Those updates ALWAYS show up in my Catalog on my desktop version of Lightroom.  The files are included in a collection for sync'ing to my Ipad.  No matter what I do I can not seem to get the "updated" version of the file to show up in on the Web version or Ipad version of Lightroom.  The only way to get it updated is to save the file in Photoshop as a xxxx1.jpg (vs xxx.jpg) and and it to the collection as a new addition.  Anyone have this problem?  Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

When you edit the file outside LR, LR has no idea that the file was changes, so while sync with the mobile version It recreate only in the sync that files that would be changes, you have to change your workflow.

from Lightroom choose edit file and go from there to photoshop.
or when you would work outside LR, you have to reimport the files, so save as another file xxx1 or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Mobile app try clearing the Cache to see if it helps.

Tap on the Lr icon and you'll find the option at the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope that doesn't seem to help.  Plus it isn't just a Ipad app issue it has the same issue with the web version too.  It is like my online storage doesn't notice it has changed (even though it shows it has) and doesn't want it to sync because there is "no change".  I have even removed the image and added the image to the collect and it still shows the original image online and on my Ipad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clearing the cache in the browser too?

The next thing I would try is to stop syncing the collection in Lr catalog. Let it cycle through removing from the mobile devices then enable sync again. (On the collection level)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll double check that but I did use a browser that has never visited my account before.  I'm pretty sure browsers don't share caches but I will double check tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had to prove to myself I wasn't crazy.  I went back in and took some screen shots of my issue.  The top image is my desktop.  You can see the top to images are what the pictures look like right now.  The one of the left is the updated image called "xxx.jpg".  The second image is a test which shows the image saved as "xxx1.jpg".  Looking at the second image you can see my web Lightroom.  You can see the first image which is "xxx.jpg" is different than the xxx.jpg on my desktop.  It is the "old file" and isnt' reflecting the changes.  It should look exactly like the one next to it. 

I have cleared cache, used different browsers, and open and closed Lightroom.  There are no pending changes in my sync list on the desktop. 

Screenshot 2016-11-09 22.10.40.pngScreenshot 2016-11-09 22.13.22.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you edit the file outside LR, LR has no idea that the file was changes, so while sync with the mobile version It recreate only in the sync that files that would be changes, you have to change your workflow.

from Lightroom choose edit file and go from there to photoshop.
or when you would work outside LR, you have to reimport the files, so save as another file xxx1 or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So why then does Lightroom Desktop update the image?  I would understand that if my desktop picture showed no change in the picture but it does show the change.  Also how does Lightroom sync ever know a picture was changed?  I assumed the program uses metadata field of "last changed" as a parameter to determine changes to files. 

As for workflow changes.  Lightroom doesn't read psb files which is odd to me since Photoshop forces you to use that type when dealing with files greater than 2GB. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines