• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this possible? [Any way to edit a photo in lightroom (or photoshop) and lock the editing?]

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to edit a photo in lightroom (or photoshop) and lock the editing? i.e. Could I edit a photo lock the edit somehow so that if I sent the file to someone they couldn't just raise the shadows, alter the exposure etc. Is this possible?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to do this in Lightroom but the feature has been requested several times on the forum.  I think this would be a nine feature to have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that feature would only apply to Lightroom. If the photo was sent to someone else, there's nothing stopping another person from editing the photo further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theoretically, it would be possible to export a copy that includes a copyright. If anyone respects the copyright they would not make any changes. It would also be possible to make the image read only. However, anyone with reasonable computer skills could overcome that. I don't see any way to lock down a computer image file in such a way  that it couldn't be modified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TRUE and thanks for the catch!!!.  I misread (scanned it too quick is the real problem) the OP's question.   I still think being able to lock the edits in Lightroom would be a good feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for responses everyone. Appreciate you taking the time. Its a feature I'd love. If I have print on a wall in a gallery it is what it is and cannot be de constructed but as a file of course it can be both desconstructed and totally butchered which is a shame so yeah be great if it came along as a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines