• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG! You cannot apply TEXT ANIMATIONS after browsing presets in Bridge 2017!

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In AE, you should be able to select your text, go up to the animation menu to browse presets in Adobe Bridge, preview dozens of pre-built animations, double click on any one of them and have it applied to the selected text in AE along with keyframes. In the 2017 version, this feature is NOT WORKING and I don't know a work around.  Adobe says it's aware of the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure Bridge is up to date, and try right-clicking to apply instead of double-clicking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that initially and every other possible work around.  Your Customer support in India says it's a known issue but to be honest he was more interested in getting me off the phone. I'm angry about the whole situation as I need to get a job out and I have no idea if anyone is working on fixing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried applying the preset you want from the effects & presets panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works from the e & p panel. I should have thought of that as a work around.  THANKS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An old bug - but I'm happy to see that this has been fixed in After Effects 15.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike is mistaken It isApril of 2020

I am using AE 15.1.2 build 69  This problem is still here and the above workaround using the "effects and Presets" pane works. Thanks Roei!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines