• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What´s the difference between photography and single app?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey

I´m considering buying Photoshop. But I can´t see the difference between the Single app and Photography. The single app seems to be way more expensive, and the photography options seems to include photoshop. Are there different features? Is the photography option have kind of a "light" version of Photoshop?

Hope you you can help me and please forgive me for eventual grammatical mistakes, not a native speaking guy here

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

This document explains the differences in a nutshell

Differences between Photoshop and Creative Cloud Photography Programs

The Photoshop Photography Plan was the precursor to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan is defunct.

Photoshop is identical on both plans.

If Lightroom interests you and you don't care about Cloud storage (20GB single app vs 2GB Photography Plan) or Typekit or Creative Cloud Market then the Photography Plan is for you.

The other point of note is that the Single App has a monthly p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

The single-app Photoshop plan doesn't include Lightroom but it does give you the full version of Adobe Fresco as well as the premium version of Creative Cloud Express, plus more online cloud storage.

It also can be purchased month-to-month, whereas the Photography plans cannot.

This plan comparison table should make everything clearer.

Customers usually find one of the three Photography-related plans to be of better value – but it definitely depends on your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think of the Photography package as a "sale" or "special offer.'

It is the same Photoshop as in the single application, so it makes no sense to get the single app when you can get both for less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This document explains the differences in a nutshell

Differences between Photoshop and Creative Cloud Photography Programs

The Photoshop Photography Plan was the precursor to the Creative Cloud Photography Plan is defunct.

Photoshop is identical on both plans.

If Lightroom interests you and you don't care about Cloud storage (20GB single app vs 2GB Photography Plan) or Typekit or Creative Cloud Market then the Photography Plan is for you.

The other point of note is that the Single App has a monthly plan option (pay by the month, cancel at any time) in addition to the usual 12 month plans. The Photography Plan is always a 12 month commitment. If you're happy with 12 months then get the Photography Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh okay, no I get it Thanks very much, I think the Photography Plan is the perfect choice for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see that you have got your problems solved. So this community is great for solving our problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, the 12 month commitment. That's the hitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The single-app Photoshop plan doesn't include Lightroom but it does give you the full version of Adobe Fresco as well as the premium version of Creative Cloud Express, plus more online cloud storage.

It also can be purchased month-to-month, whereas the Photography plans cannot.

This plan comparison table should make everything clearer.

Customers usually find one of the three Photography-related plans to be of better value – but it definitely depends on your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines