• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio sync issue with Premiere file in After Effects - Audio cuts out.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported a Premiere Pro file into After Effects. The PP file is video footage, a voice over, and music in the background. Everything has been going fine, and I've exported it several times, with no problems. Now, all of a sudden, there is about 10 seconds in the middle where the video and voice-over continue as normal, but the music cuts out abruptly and then re-starts again. I haven't done anything to the file recently which I think would cause this. I haven't changed audio levels, or moved the timeline, or anything like that.

The weird thing is, It plays fine in Premiere. There is no issue in PP with the audio whatsoever. Just in AE. I've closed and re-opened AE a dozen times. I've resaved & relinked the PP file. I thought it might just be an issue with playback in AE, but when I export it, it's still there.

How can the audio be perfect in PP but have an issue in AE? If there was an issue with the audio in AE, (i.e. the volume was keyframed to turn off,) I wouldn't be able to hear the V/O either as they are essentially the same file.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robynng51731307 wrote:

What am I missing?

Perhaps the presence of mp3 files in PP.  Their consistently-proper functioning are apparently just as hit-and-miss there as they are in AE.  Use Audition to convert them to wav or aiff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to be clear here, when you say you've imported a PremierePro file - are you importing a PPro sequence into AE via dynamiclink?

how does the actual audio file playback in AE? you are probably running into a dynamic link issue which is different than directly playing back footage.

is the music compressed - what is the file type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's a sequence, sorry I should have been more clear.

It doesn't really play back that well in AE, but I always have playback issues anyway. But the bits that I can play back, the audio is there throughout except for those 10 seconds.

The file type is just mp3, which is linked to the PP sequence and made to be in time to the video footage.

I suspect if I bring the audio into AE directly, it will fix the issue, but I am more concerned with figuring out why it is happening in the first place so I can avoid it in future.

Thanks for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mp3 files are linked to PP, and play throughout in PP. In AE the music file plays throughout except for 10 seconds in the middle.

I will try converting.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, what versions of Premiere and AE are you using? (Exact version numbers, please.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines