• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC - How to set up to operate like in word when selecting and copying items

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and have spent 4.9 hours trying to figure out how to set up Pro DC so it operates like MS Word. That is to say, being able to use the Select Arrow to circle neumerous Comments and with the Control Key copy a comment/image/object and in conjunction with the shift key - copy the group or individual item and drag it down in line with the copied comment/image/object.

I know you folks are the penultimate computer folks but I cleared out my Adobe Pro 10 and 11 programs to pay $300+ for this piece of....

Wonderful programing .... that is a pain in the ....... to use....

So any help would be appreciated finding out how to set up Pro DC to copy and paste like MS products..... like Adobe Pro 10 and 11 did....

Yes that's right, I'm not an IT person and thought I was great at working in MS products and Adobe Acrobat Pro programs but I can see the money I spent so far, I could have spent elsewhere.... I bought pro because I want to be able to add comments to 1000 page manuals without spending hours trying to figure out how to do it....

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

g jayr9528108 wrote:

Have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and have spent 4.9 hours trying to figure out how to set up Pro DC so it operates like MS Word.

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WRONG - Had Adobe Acrobat Pro 10 and 11 and both had the capability to set actions in Edit Preferences to do so…

That is to say, one could set up the settings such that you could use the “Arrow Select Tool” and with the control and shift keys

click on and copy comment objects and drag them down to copy…. which would keep the items in line with each other..

Are you saying that clearing Adobe pro 10 and 11 from my computer and getting Adobe Acrobat Pro DC was a mistake?

Jay Rohrbach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to realize that Acrobat is not the same kind of application as Word, although many people make that mistake.

Acrobat is not a word processing application. It's more of an authoring tool that creates PDF files from other formats and then allows for some editing of them, like adding form fields, comments, etc. Editing the static contents of PDF files should be avoided as much as possible. If you want to do that then go back to the original file format, edit it, and then generate a new PDF from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WRONG - Had Adobe Acrobat Pro 10 and 11 and both had the capability to set actions in Edit Preferences to do so…

That is to say, one could set up the settings such that you could use the “Arrow Select Tool” and with the control and shift keys

click on and copy comment objects and drag them down to copy…. which would keep the items in line with each other..

Are you saying that clearing Adobe pro 10 and 11 from my computer and getting Adobe Acrobat Pro DC was a mistake?

Jay Rohrbach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of that is still possible with Acrobat DC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was hoping for... however couldn't figure out how to set upPro DC to do it too....

A little help...

PLEASE!..?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, I'm not trying to use Pro DC as a word processing application, I have an Adobe document and trying to add comments using text boxes, Arrows, and keyboard adds in multiple places that have the same issues on the same 11x17 page and in some of the illustrations where it would save me BIG TIME if I can grab all and once "activated"  click on "them" and with the control key (copy) and the shift key (to lock the vertical alignment) and drag-copy them down to the other to spots in the illustration (on one page) and the 4 places in the form (on the other page) .......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which part of this process is not working for you, then? Where do you get stuck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying to figure that out myself. Have gone to the Edit - Preferences - General

However I am wondering if it's a Content Editing issue - I'm not sure how to do that...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't really answer my question. To reiterate: What part of the process you described above, that you used to do in Acrobat 10 or 11, are you unable to do in DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn’t do anything, the program(s) just operated that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is to say, I never had to do anything in 9, 10, or 11 to make them operate that way.

Upon selecting the "Arrow Select" Tool, when I clicked (clicked with the mouse and held it) with the arrow on the object and pressed -AND HELD- the control key, all you had to do is drag THE OBJECT.... anywhere and move it and it would cause the item to copy...

When you did that and held the shift key, it would stay in alignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you opened the "TOOLS" panel and explored those options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but not having the know how to do that all I see is the following and to no avail…

cid:image003.jpg@01D23CE8.53B907C0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at the built-in help in Acrobat? https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/topics.html

, Get started with Adobe Acrobat DC | Adobe Acrobat DC tutorials ,

Have you looked at the Adobe provided tutorials for Acrobat? Acrobat DC tutorials | Learn how to use Acrobat DC

If you do not open a page like

ToolsPage.jpg

You may need to repair your instillation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Yes - to no resolution.

Jay R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines