• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Light room will not import my files, jpegs or raws. any suggestions?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a wedding gallery which lightroom will not import the files which are jpeg's and raw files.  I have tried creating a new catalog

and moving the  files to a new folder but still will not import.  It imports other files from the same camera but will not

import the ones from the wedding.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are greyed out, right? When it's so, they already exist in lightroom. you can't import a file twice.

Search in L for this files and moves them inside lightroom to the folder/ collection you like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They aren't greyed out. There is a small circle like icon that just keeps spinning and the import option is not lite up. So I can't import it's not an option. It is as if themprogram is looking for the files by doesn't see them or something. It lets me create the catalog but doesn't go beyond that when I try to add the folder of images to the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us the exact version NUMBER of your Lightroom. Go to Help->System Info and report the version of Lightroom shown there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR is CC 2015.7 . It's the current LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Destination panel on the right side of the Import Dialog box present and expanded? Is a valid Destination folder selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My panel is on the left and it says devices, files.  The correct folder with the wedding images is selected and the spinning icon is just below the highlighted folder.  The spinning icon is  also below at the bottom of the panel on the left with an arrow that says 0 photos/obytes .  On the right of the bottom of that import panel is the import and cancel bottom and the import button is not highlighted.  The cancel button is highlighted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am specifically referring to the Destination Panel on the RIGHT side of the Import dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The panel i have on the right when opening LR is Histogram , Quick Develop, Keywording, Keyword list, Metadata and comments.

Once i create the catalog and select a folder to import I have a panel on the right that says File Handling and Apply during import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Import Dialog box, do you have COPY or MOVE or ADD selected?

If you have ADD selected, please try this: click on COPY, does the Destination Panel appear on the right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only option that is highlighted is Add.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I want to know what happens if you click on COPY. Does anything happen? Does the Destination panel appear on the right?

Show me a screen capture of the Import Dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok how exactly do you screen capture.  Sorry I just never do that.Not sure  how.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but I want to know what happens if you click on COPY. Does anything happen? Does the Destination panel appear on the right?

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on copy does not seem to be an option. It is not highlighted . Add is the only option available . Can't get the screenshot to happen either . I took a picture of the screen .

LuAnn

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want you to tell me that it isn't highlighted. I want you to actually click on COPY and tell me what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I am looking for the place to click on it.  The current process I follow is:Create a catalog and name it.click on the folders + button and find the folder of images you want to add.then when they appear on the screen with checks click on import.( this is were it is not finding them or something is going wrong with this folder of images)They usually load and then I switch to the develop mode and edit the images.

At what point do I click on copy and where is that option ?  I am just not seeing it.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is at the top of the Import dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to let me click on it. That is what I get in the picture .

LuAnn

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not aware of a situation where you cannot click on COPY in the Import dialog box. So my next suggestion is to close Lightroom, then in your operating system, find your preference file, delete it or rename it, and then re-open Lightroom and see if the problem is gone. The location of the preference file is given in this document: Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the wedding images that you are trying to import? Are they on your hard drive of the memory card? Are you using the Import Add or Import Copy method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are on an external hard. I made a second copy of them and even tried putting them on a different external hard drive . And it still let's me make a catalog, but when I try to add images to the folder it just spins and spins . I made another folder and just out a bery few of the images I. It and it let me import them. So I am adding images as I go. It's a hassle but at least I can get them in LR and work edit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried creating a new catalog and moving the files to a new folder but still will not import.

"Will not import" please describe exactly what happens or doesn't happen, describe this in detail; please quote the complete exact unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines