• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Add Still Image to Main Menu Drop Zone

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PE 14.1 with Windows 7.   I added the Family Memories movie menu to a project.   This menu includes a drop zone on the Main Menu Page.  I am trying to add a still image to the drop zone.   It is my understanding when you click on the drop zone a dialogue box should open that will prompt you to browse and select the image.for the drop zone.   When I click on the drop zone no dialogue box appears.  Am I incorrect on the steps to place an image in the drop zone?  What am I missing?   Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

I don't understand these steps:

• In the Menu Background / Video or Still box, select Browse
  • In Select Background Media panel navigate to the desired image
  • Left-Click hold the image and start dragging to the Adjustments panel.

Why are you left-clicking and dragging the image to the Adjustments panel? After you select the option to Browse to replace the background (Drop Zone) media, you simply select the media file and click the Open button. You don't drag it from the browse screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I show you in my book, when you select the Drop Zone, the option to Replace the video and/or audio appears in the Adjustments panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I should have said this in my original post.   When I single-click the drop zone the bounding box appears.   When I double-click the drop zone the "Change Text" dialogue box appears to edit the "Add Your Media Here" text.   An option never appears to insert a still image into the drop zone.   Expanding the adjustment panel opens the dialogue to replace the entire main menu background/audio, not the drop zone contents.  Is the menu not functioning properly?  Should the option to insert media into the drop zone appear after a single click?  Thanks   Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also add that the adjustment to replace the main menu background is not working either.   Displaying the Main Menu page, then opening the adjustment panel for the main menu background, then in the Video or Still section browsing to a jpg image, selecting it and attempting to drag it to the "Drag Media Here" box is blocked by the operation not permitted symbol (circle with slash through it).   Do drop zone images have certain size/resolution requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to replace the background of a menu template is actually an option to replace the Drop Zone. Try it and you'll see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to replace the background.  When attempting to drag the media to the "Drag Media Here" box the operation is blocked, a circle with slash through it icon is displayed.   I also tried the same operation on a different project, with a different menu template, with the same result.   What am I missing?  Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, Joe. But it does work if you do it right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't agree more, it should work if you do it right.   My frustration is that as far as I can tell I'm doing everything right, but it still doesn't work.

The steps I'm following;

1. Open project - menu template already loaded
  2. Go to Tools/Movie Menu to open the menu panel
  3. Select main menu page
  4. Select the drop zone
  5. Open the Adjustments panel
  6. In the Menu Background / Video or Still box, select Browse
  7. In Select Background Media panel navigate to the desired image
  8. Left-Click hold the image and start dragging to the Adjustments panel.
  9. At the point the cursor leaves the Select Background Media panel, the circle with slash icon appears.

Isn't this the right process?   If not, what am I doing wrong?  What does it mean when the circle/slash icon appears?

Thanks  Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand these steps:

• In the Menu Background / Video or Still box, select Browse
  • In Select Background Media panel navigate to the desired image
  • Left-Click hold the image and start dragging to the Adjustments panel.

Why are you left-clicking and dragging the image to the Adjustments panel? After you select the option to Browse to replace the background (Drop Zone) media, you simply select the media file and click the Open button. You don't drag it from the browse screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well duuuhhh.   Works like a charm.   I was left-clicking and dragging because that's what the box in the adjustments panel says, "Drag Media Here".   To me opening is not the same as dragging.   But it will be from now on!

Thanks  Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines