Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WorkSpace that Works for Me!

Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been adjusting my WorkSpace...Window>Workspace>New Workspace and I've found one that works for me.

All the settings and adjustments are together and you can see the Puppet and Scene at the same time.

You can make adjustments and see the effect of these in real time.. and no swapping required!

I know this isn't to every bodies taste, but this feature, that allows you to customize the Work-space to the individual is great!

It is simple to do, so well worth a go.

In Ps you can save and share Workspaces, but not sure if you can do that in Ch!? If it can be done, I'm happy to share this Workspace with anyone who would like it!

2016-11-10_12-32-09.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice layout, although note that the lower-right controls in the Scene don't appear (we're aware of that for narrow Scene panels). We don't have a nice user interface for sharing workspaces with others, but the layouts are saved on disk as .xml files in:

mac: <volume>/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Character Animator/Beta/WorkspacesV5/SavedWorkspaces/

win: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Character Animator\Beta\WorkspacesV5\SavedWorkspaces\

The .xml files won't have the names as they appear in the user interface, but you might be able to tell which one is the one you edited based on the date it was last modified.

Note that there might be issues trying to use workspaces on different screen resolutions, or if you're trying to move workspace files between versions of Character Animator, so your mileage may vary here. Just a head's up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff and thanks for the input!

I hadn't noticed! I've just been checking and it seems that if the Scene Panel is less than about 50% of the width of Ch, those controls disappear. In Full Screen it works ok.

2016-11-10_16-39-56.png

I'll leave sharing Workspaces for now! It is easy enough to  create your own Workspace and very intuitive.. I like the way you get an indication of where the panel will attach.

Many thanks again!

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines