Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR Mobile 'Offline Editing' not working as expected, please help

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use LR mobile 80% of the time as the only time I get to edit my photos is while I'm commuting to and from work on the subway.

Since I don't get cellular or wifi service in the subway, I set a lot of my LR Collections to 'ENABLE OFFLINE EDITING'.

From the main menu (when you swipe to the right on iOS), I also have 'LOAD FULL RESOLUTION' and 'SYNC ONLY OVER WIFI' enabled.

My problem is that when I am underground without internet service, I am still not able to edit any photo in a collection that has offline editing enabled UNLESS I attempt to edit that photo before hand when I do get internet connectivity.

Does anyone know why the enable offline editing feature is not working as expected? Shouldn't enabling that immediately trigger a download of all photos in that album so that I can edit offline?

Please let me know, thanks

Jamaal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Please share the diagnostics log with me.

You can trigger the log via Lightroom Desktop Preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the Alt/Option key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

Click and share the log via PM with me.

Regards

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamaal,

Are you using an Andriod or iOS device?

Please ensure that you are running the latest version of Lr app on your device.

Try creating a new collection (when you are offline)on your device and make sure sync is enabled, then connect to a Wifi network and check it it works.

Also, you said:

From the main menu (when you swipe to the right on iOS), I also have 'LOAD FULL RESOLUTION' and 'SYNC ONLY OVER WIFI' enabled.

The "Sync only over Wifi" setting is supposed to be disabled if you are connecting to Cellular networks, as it will not trigger sync.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash, thanks for getting back to me.

I'm using the Lightroom app version 2.5.2 on iOS.

I'll try what you suggested but that workaround doesn't resolve the apparent app defect I'm experiencing whereby the photos are not available for offline editing for me, despite enabling that.

I've connected the app to wifi several times prior and the little cloud in the top left corner says the sync is complete so there's really no reason for me to not be able to do 'offline editing' in my collections.

Can you please help escalate this so that it can get resolved? Let me know, thanks

Jamaal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share the diagnostics log with me.

You can trigger the log via Lightroom Desktop Preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the Alt/Option key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

Click and share the log via PM with me.

Regards

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamaal,

I have never tried it and thought I would after reading your post.

Ater I set a Collection to 'Offline Editing' I get a prompt informing of the amount of data that will be downloaded and space available on device. After OKing that I get a little symbol by the collection and a thin download bar appears.

After that I turn Wifi Off and Airplane mode on and can edit fine.

i seem to get that immediate trigger to download files, couldn't be a space issue could it?

Running ios10, 2.5.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It used to work for me but for some reason, it hasn't since I switched to my new phone (iPhone 7, 256GB).

Space is not an issue.

When I started using my new phone, all of the collections I enabled 'offline editing' appeared to have downloaded the files but when I open them, they apparently need to download more data before I can edit them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines