• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dragging compositions to Media Encoder suddenly matches preview size instead of comp size

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have to render multiple compositions, I drag these from my project manager straight into Media Encoder. Used to be a great timesaving function. Having my render presets set to 'match source' makes it easy to render out variously sized comps (720p, 1080p, UHD, etc) with one simple click.

As of CC 2017 though, 'match source' suddenly seems to mean 'match preview window zoom size'. Resulting in unwanted 960 x 480 renders, for example. A completely ridiculous change, in my humble opinion. This means having to go through all my comps and set my preview on 'full', before dragging them to the media encoder. A very, very time consuming issue.

Is there somewhere I can turn this off, or put it back to the 2015 settings? This is horrible, please fix asap.

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Vincent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bug in the CC 2017 release. The Adobe After Effects team is aware of it and have said they are working on a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the helpful update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there somewhere I can turn this off, or put it back to the 2015 settings?

as Szalam pointed out - this is a known bug in the current version and will be fixed pretty soon.

the workarounds are quite easy:

1. before you send your comp to AME, change the resolution pop up to FULL

2. use the much better feature "Queue in AME" option that was introduced in the last version and is right there in the render queue.

here's a comparison between the "ADD to AME Queue / drag and drop" and "Queue in AME"  to see why this should be your new best friend - watch from 02:54

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2016 Nov 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Roei,

As for the workarounds; workaround 1 is the one I mentioned, and while that is ok if you want to render one or two files, it is quite a nuisance when you have 32 different titles, duplicated comps from an original comp that happened to be set at 25% preview, for example.

The second one, however, does help a lot, so thanks for pointing that out. Still a bit of an extra click, but a lot better.

As for the video, basically what dragging and dropping from the project bin to AME was basically the same thing as "Add to AME", but for multiple comps. As far as I can tell.

Looking forward to the bug fix either way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines