• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightbox Display + Youtube Autoplay (sound)

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

On a published website Youtube starts playing automatically even if "Hide on Initially" checkbox enabled in Lightbox Display Widget.

So when the page is loaded I can here Youtube sound for a half of seconds. Then it's gone.

hope someone already has a fix for this issue.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Kratika informed me that she has logged a bug for this issue. She was able to reproduce it in the previous version as well.

Stay tuned for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yegor,

Could you please share your .muse file via drop box, so that we can look into the issue.

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika, here is a link to published version

Home

and here is a MUSE file  Dropbox - lightbox_sound.muse

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yegor,

I just checked the .muse file and the website, it is working fine, I could not hear any sound on page loading.

Meanwhile could you check steps in below link, if it helps:

Re: composition has all target videos playing at once instead of on click

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recorded a screen for you, unfortunately, is has no sound  just because I've used QuickTime,

but you can see Audio icon on a Tab, that's mean source of the audio on this Tab, and believe me it's actually playing youtube audio for a few seconds.

Lightbox Display + Youtube Autoplay Bug - YouTube

you can try reproduce this issue, just reload page few time

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yegor,

Yes, now I am able to see the issue now. I will have a look into the .muse file shared by you and respond you back.

Thanks

Kratika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2016 Nov 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kratika, any updates with this issue? Even in Muse 2017 it still exists.

Thanks for help @JVonB , but unfortunately when I have published you rebuilt project, i have met same behavior.

Anyway thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kratika, did you have a chance to take a look at this difficulty?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Kratika, any news?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kratika informed me that she has logged a bug for this issue. She was able to reproduce it in the previous version as well.

Stay tuned for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Kratika Agarwal​ Preran​

any updates with this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the issue has been fixed by the team, it will be available in a future update. Stay tuned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is an Adobe Muse Bug? And I have to stop trying to fix it on my side?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's how it sounds to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears you have built the composition with some additional/unnecessary layers? You have a separate close which isn't needed in what you've made.

See the new page where I rebuilt it:

http://www.daculamarketing.com/lightbox_sound_rebuilt.muse

I had a similar issue . see here: Re: composition has all target videos playing at once instead of on click

I still have the same problem you described with a little around coming out before the page is loaded...but not everytime..... I don't know why that is. But my issue of my thread it was that the full video(s) was/were played continually even though you couldn't see them.

Here is what I have since determined since my last post about this:

With the addition of responsive design to muse, it's made a few things screwy.

Since compositions are not yet responsive, I was inserting a new composition for the smaller screen sizes and hiding the original in those breakpoints. The problem, I'm figuring based on this experience, is that the hidden composition seems to still there and still being read. So the hidden composition(s) would still autoplay causing a jumbled mess of sound chaos.

What I did was completely rebuild the compositions (and subcompositions) and the issues didn't happen... because I started all over on a new page. But when I then hid that composition to create a new one for the smaller breakpoint, it started happening again. So what I ended up doing was not adding the newer composition for the smaller breakpoints and instead used text only. It didn't fix the issue but I don't have time to dedicate to trying to figure it out anymore. Making changes to the layout of the original composition in the smaller breakpoints changed the layout in the larger breakpoints so that wasn't an option. Adding an additional composition screwed up with autoplay on youtube, so that didn't work. I'm confident that hiding/adding compositions by breakpoint would work if there was no video/autoplay involved since you can't see it... but the "under the hood" was still happening so I could hear it.

I dont know what is causing the sound while the page is loading.... good question.

My page is at http://www.reformationproductions.com/what-we-do.html

It doesn't do what you are describing every time. The one I rebuilt for you didnt seem to do it. But there is obviously something going on beyond my pay grade that is making it happen. Don't know if this helps at all.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines