• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch Processing only Applies to images in the current grid view

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am applying batch actions to over a 1000 photos in grid view and it seems to be working but the settings will not get applied unless the image thumbnail is in view. I can walk away for hours only to come back scroll down and see that hundreds of images directly below the current view have not been processed. Is there a way around this? I am working on a mac. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Even if I wait for hours, I'll still go to the next image and have to wait.

That's a general property of LR. The changes are applied immediately to the photo, but the new preview isn't computed until you scroll to the image in Library, and then you have to wait for LR to compute the preview.  Even if the preview isn't yet completed, you can still select the photo and go into Develop, and you'll see an accurate view with the recent batch changes. 

You can force the previews to be computed immediat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it has not applied? Click on the image to see if it has or has not been applied. if you select all the images then apply action and sync it should apply to all selected. The key is to be sure you choose to sync After applying the first action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I select all the images and then make the adjustments, such as setting Treatment to Black and White. Don't usually use sync for this kind of thing. Would that make a difference? As I scroll down I can see the treatment gradually apply to the thumbnails without having to sync or re-apply. But the thumbnail has to be in view in order for it too be applied which is the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the way LR behaves for me, it would seem that the effects are getting applied to your images, but the grid is not updating its view until it actually needs to (when the thumbnail actually scrolls into view).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks ManiacJoe, but it also happens in Loupe view. I have to wait for the changes to load for each image if I'm looking at it that way. And if only one image is in view, none of the others get processed. Even if I wait for hours, I'll still go to the next image and have to wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if I wait for hours, I'll still go to the next image and have to wait.

That's a general property of LR. The changes are applied immediately to the photo, but the new preview isn't computed until you scroll to the image in Library, and then you have to wait for LR to compute the preview.  Even if the preview isn't yet completed, you can still select the photo and go into Develop, and you'll see an accurate view with the recent batch changes. 

You can force the previews to be computed immediately by selecting all the images and doing Library > Previews > Build Standard-Sized Previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds like a good solution. Thanks johnrellis!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines