• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open new or convert projects in RH7

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2008 Jul 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a heck of a time getting RH 7 to work correctly. When I try to open a project that was created in RH5, I get an error that says:

quote:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:...
This application has requested it to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application support team for more information.

Then the program crashes.

If I then try to open the project again, I get a message that reads "The parameter is incorrect." and then RH crashes.

Basic computer info:
*XP
*Plenty of memory
*Have administrator rights
*RH5 ran with no problems
*Working in RH HTML
*RoboSource no installed
*Group, not individual license
*Using Dreamweaver to create HTML files to import
*Others in my office haven't had any problems opening much more complex RH5-created projects in RH7

Things I have tried but have failed:
*Update RH: same errors as original
*Uninstall, reinstall, update: same errors as original
*Rename .CPD and reopen: same errors as original
*Rename .CPD & .XPJ and reopen with .HHP: opened in RH5, saved, closed, crashed as it closed
*Open using different administrative user: same errors as original
*Create new project, import newly-created HTML files, generate help, save, close, reopen: same errors as original
*Open sample project, import HTML files, generate help, save, close, reopen: get "parameter is incorrect" error, but opens project
*Open sample project, create new topic, generate help, save, close, reopen: everything seems to work correctly

I'm sure I've missed a few things I've tried, but that's the bulk of them. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this issue? TIA!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if Snippet 73 on Peter Grainge's site helps at all.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: MergeThis
See if Snippet 73 on Peter Grainge's site helps at all.

I'll take a look when I can, but the page seems to be down at the moment. Thanks!

quote:

Originally posted by: Gravenstein
It sounds like one or more of your topics is corrupted somehow. You said you were "Using Dreamweaver to create HTML files to import." Perhaps this is the issue?

I suppose it's possible, but I created brand-new HTML files for my test, since I was worried the old ones might have gotten corrupted by RH5's messy code. I would really hate to have to create everything in RH since I don't find it as responsive as Dreamweaver.

Thanks. I'll play with that idea. Any more thoughts on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like one or more of your topics is corrupted somehow. You said you were "Using Dreamweaver to create HTML files to import." Perhaps this is the issue?

G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp