• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to float objects and stop them from scrolling?

Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am trying to do the equivalent of Excel's 'freezing the top row', but actually wish to freeze objects so that my 297 mm wide x 1189 mm high page will always have some sort of navigation bar at the top that floats or hovers above the scroll-able content on the remainder of the long page (like a website). Is this possible?

Thanks,

Julius

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of output are you attempting from InDesign? (PDF? Publish Online? EPUB - reflowable or fixed? Other?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was intending to output as a PDF, but would be happy to use whatever could do this trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You would probably have to do it on a web page. It's not built into any of the built-in output methods I mentioned above

You would create it in an application like Dreamweaver or Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines