Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with the Preview & Start in AE

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I have a problem with Adobe After Effects and already searched for some days in the Internet to solve these problems, but so far nothing worked.

1. Problem: AE hangs on startup at 'MediaCore wird intialisiert' (sorry I am German and I don't know the correct English term) and takes about 5 minutes or longer to start (a few days before it worked within 1 minute)

I already found this topic:After Effects CS5 hangs on startup

• "Please remove or uninstall any third party AVI codecs" - But I don't know any 3-party-programs on my computer. The only one installed is QuickTime.
  • Also the mentioned process "Adobe QT32 Server" isn't showing up in my active processes. It is described that you should allow the communication between AE and this process by specifying it as an exception in the firewall, but as already mentioned: I found no similar process.

2. Problem: Suddenly the (RAM) Review is only possible for 1 second (maximum)

My problem is actually quite well described in this topic, but there are no answers (and its German again, sorry for that): https://www.slashcam.de/info/ploetzlich-extrem-verkuerzte-ram-preview-505124.html

• No settings or requirements have been changed so I don't understand these abrupt problems. I have 8GB of RAM and some days before it worked with the same project as normal with 30sec.
  • It seems that this problem occurs with the first problem which is described above, so maybe if I can solve the first one, the second one is solved too?

I hope you can help me!

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without proper system info or other technical details like what exact version of AE, comp settings, footage used, effects etc.. You have written a lot, but not provided much useful information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the french forum more information problems in red)

AfeterFX CC2017 quelques notes de test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addition to Problem 1:

Okay, I allowed all the following processes/programs in my firewall:

• dynamiclinkmanager.exe
  • Adobe QT32 Server.exe
  • aftereffects.exe
  • PProHeadless.exe

I also tried starting AE as adminstrator & using the best processor (NVIDIA High Performing Processor).

Nothing worked. AE still needs about 5 minutes to start hanging all the time on "Initializing MediaCore".

@Mylenium: Sorry, I forgot:

• Adobe Master Collection Version 5.5
  • Operation system: Windows 10 (64bit)
  • RAM: 8GB
  • Intel Core i7
  • CPU 2.40GHz
  • Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT650M

I'm a beginner at AE so I cannot exactly explain you the right setting but I try:

• I use an 'Audio Spectrum' to a MP3 which is lasts 1 hour
  • Further effects: Some fade ins and fade outs using opacity animation for textes in the video

EDIT: I tried a Re-establishment of Windows to a few days ago. Unfortunately AE already was installed at that date so no effect on the problems - same as before. I also tried starting After Effects in Windows Safe Mode but AE didn't even start! There showed up an error massage which said "After Effects Error: The program crashed when calling up the Plug-In "AEDynamicLinkServer"."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody an idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry no

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry no, my English is very bad. I'm confused, I think I misunderstood your question and I confused with another question posed on the forum on RAM Preview.

For this  problem, here the screencast that shows the RAM Preview problem but now everything returns to normal.

Adobe Creative Cloud  (on i7-4750HQ CPU @ 2.00GHz,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 2 GoRAM and Win10 Fam v1607)

After this test, I made several attempts to reproduce the problem but now all operating normally!...very mysterious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have AVG antivirus installed? If so, let us know; there's a known problem with AVG.

If you don't have AVG, try this: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/startup-screen-hangs-premiere-after .html

Also, keep in  mind that CS 5.5 is very old in computer years and is not officially supported on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines