• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Special characters/character styles not exporting

Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new one to me. On the book I'm trying to export, none of my character styles (italics, bold, etc.) are exporting to EPUB. And none of my special characters (em dashes, registered trademark symbol, etc.) are showing up correctly. Any ideas? Of course this is a title that we are particularly keen to get published today, which just seems to invite the gremlins into the process, eh? ;^)

Thanks!

~Valerie

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little more info: In the Kindle previewer, it actually looks OK if I set the device to Kindle Voyage or Kindle DX, but the previews in any of the Fires are a mess. The iOS previews are blank, but that may be because I'm on a PC. I usually just preview on Fire (and have never seen these issues before), so I've never even tried the iOS settings before.

Update: I switched the fonts -- changed from Baskerville to Georgia -- and that took care of the special characters issue (yay typographer's quotes!), but not the bold/italics style issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No thoughts on this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have to ask on the Kindle forums. It's clearly not something that has anything to do with InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have an actual Kindle device try to test it there. I remember having a similar issue a while ago. It didn't look good on Kindle Previewer but it was fine on my Kindle Fire. When I uploaded the file to KDP it worked fine. If you can share a sample of the file giving you trouble I can test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines