• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import PP cc project with subtitles to AE

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently trying to import a PPcc (2015.3 release) project to AE. (2017.0 release) , so I can output a tiff sequence. The PPcc project has subtitles and color grading by Magic Bullet looks.  When I see the project in AE, the color grading and subtitles are not there.  Help anyone?  Thanks,  JOHN

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all you're doing is making the image sequence, is there a reason you're not doing it from Premiere Pro?

How are you importing the sequence?

Have you tried opening that Premiere sequence in the new Premiere release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to kick out a 16 bit tiff sequence for conversion to a DCP file for projection. Premiere only deals in 8 bit.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand.

What about the other two questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to AE

Yes. Very latest.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Magic Bullet do you have? They just updated it.

If you re-save the project with the newest version of Premiere Pro, does it work?

What do you mean by "export to AE"? There may be a better way for us to get your work into AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I solved the problem another way. Took tiff sequence into photoshop and built an action to change to 16 bit. Got same result without going to AE.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Good problem-solving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would have worked the problem in another way. Out of Premiere Pro I would have rendered to a 10 bit video codec then used that master to render my 32 bit TIFF sequence. Premiere Pro works natively with the bit depth of the source material up to 16 bit. That's why you can use pro formats from Arri and RED. P-Pro will render to any video format up to 10 bit and in my humble opinion 10 bit is way way better than 8 bit. My most used 10 bit format for a DI (digital intermediate) is Cuneiform available for free from GoPro and supported by Adobe. Cuneiform also supports alpha channels:

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 6.58.02 AM.png

You also have available the native uncompressed 10 bit:

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 6.57.41 AM.png

I would have rendered a DI using one of these formats and then use AE to render the 32bit image sequence using the Render Cue and Output Module. You would end up with a better product and rendering from either of these formats to a TIFF sequence in a 32Bit AE project is very fast, especially if you back up a few versions of AE and use MP rendering. This is the only reason I have a copy of CC 2014 still on my system.

Find more information on handling high bit depth files in Adobe products here: How to handle Bit Depth in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Speedgrade | Wolfcrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines