• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with LR recognizing my EHD

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Seagate EHD.  I have been using it for several months.  I recently updated my Mac to Sierra Operating system.  After doing this my computer would not recognize my EHD.  I got a plug in that now allows my computer to recognize the Seagate, however, LR will not recognize my EHD now.  The pictures are there,  but they are not hi lighted and there are question marks on all the pictures.  The weird thing is, I have another EHD and have not problems getting LR to recognize it.  Can I please get help with this issue???

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to update a disk driver in Sierra. Check the Seagate webpages with the exact type of your Seagate drive.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Plug In are you referring to that allows Sierra to see the EHD?

Exactly how is that EHD formatted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plug in is called Paragon NTFS for Mac.  I got it at the Seagate website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well if you updated/upgraded OS X recently it probably removed or disabled that piece of software. Mac OS X is famous for doing that. you might also need an updated version to work with the newest version of OS X.

But I suggest if you are going to stick with Apple Mac that you get another EHD and the first thing to do is format it in the Mac OS X format using Disk Utilities found in the Utility folder in the Applications folder. Then Copy all the data off the drive that is formatted in the Windows NTFS format over to that new Mac formatted drive. Then format the older EHD to the Mac format.

OS X can Read NTFS formatted drive but can't Write to it natively. That is why you needed that add on untility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines