Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems importing video files in Animated

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, I am going crazy!

For a project I need to import After Effects CC videos in Animate CC.

I can't.

I tried importing MPG4, H264, but it does not work.

Anyone have any idea of how to do?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

There are different reasons to need to include video, and how you do it depends on which reason you need video. In most cases the video would remain an external file, but you may want to embed video in the timeline to publish both the video and your animations as a SWF file, or you might be bringing the video in just to create an animation on top of it, which you then export as a video with alpha transparency.

In either of those two cases you would need to be using an ActionScript 3.0 FLA, it won

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different reasons to need to include video, and how you do it depends on which reason you need video. In most cases the video would remain an external file, but you may want to embed video in the timeline to publish both the video and your animations as a SWF file, or you might be bringing the video in just to create an animation on top of it, which you then export as a video with alpha transparency.

In either of those two cases you would need to be using an ActionScript 3.0 FLA, it won't work with an HTML5 FLA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the last release of Animate CC it works with HTML5 FLA as well, just add the Video Component from the Components window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all thank you very much for your reply.
I have serious difficulties importing an external made video INTO Animate, though.

I have a video made in After Effect an I have to import this video in Animate, then I have to add my animations and then export the whole package in HTML5.

It doesn't seem possible.
I need some advice on how to import in animate.
Anybody else?

Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you need to do is this:

Export your After Effects video, as H.264 compressed video, AAC compressed audio. The quality doesn't have to be high, you're only using this file for timing purposes. It can be MOV or MP4.

Make an ActionScript 3.0 FLA to do your animation. Import the video file into that, and do your animations on top of the video.

File/Export/Export Video. Make sure the option to go to Adobe Media Encoder is not checked. Also, if you're on Windows, make sure you have QuickTime installed. If you have done a straight timeline animation, select the option "when last frame is reached".

That will give you a large MOV file of your animation. It won't include the video.

Import that MOV back into your After Effects project, and place it over the video, to get the overall effect you wanted.

Export the project again, only now think carefully about the data rate you want the file to have. Most likely you would want it to be MP4 this time.

You now have a video with animation on it that you could just add to a web page. If you have other interactivity that you want to add, then do make an HTML5 Canvas FLA, and use the new Video component to bring the video into it. Note though that the video will appear on top of everything else, you won't be able to put more timeline animation on top of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First o all, I'd like to thank you all for your kind replies.

I have resolved the import video issue, but now I have an other problem:
I imported my video INTO THE CANVAS and made my animation on a different layer (on top) and now when I try to publish it in HTML5, Animate shows me only the video and not the animation.
How can I publish in HTML5 both my video and my animation?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HTML5 components will sit on top of everything on the canvas. I thought that you were creating a video, is your animation interactive in some way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines