Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

colored rectangle outside text frame

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sometimes when i create a text frame the text starts with a colored rectangle outside the frame. What is it?

NB It is not exported to the pdf

Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 11.50.39.png

Regards,

Hans

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Hi Hans,

the feature "Style Override Highlighter" is turned on with your document.
The blue bar at the left edge of the text frame is indicating that your text is overridden on paragraph style level.

You can turn that feature off and on [+] from the Paragraph Styles or Character Styles panel.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your underline is activated and a marging is set. Look by the Paragraphstyle by underlining... something like this:

Schermafbeelding 2016-11-11 om 13.08.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hans,

the feature "Style Override Highlighter" is turned on with your document.
The blue bar at the left edge of the text frame is indicating that your text is overridden on paragraph style level.

You can turn that feature off and on [+] from the Paragraph Styles or Character Styles panel.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the whole paragraph will be highlighted then, so I don't think that is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Henri.
Only overrides on character style level are showing the blue bar behind characters.
If e.g. the override is unique to paragraph formatting, an overridden inset value would do or if the paragraph is left aligned in contrast to center alignment of the applied paragraph style a bar at the left edge of the text frame is shown.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uwe! That's the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, but if you have the setting in your underlining like I showed there will be a colored line at the left of your textbox and it will be printed also and I thought that that was his problem. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could even use paragraph shading and chose "do not print and export" with the shading if you want to mimic "Style Override Highlighter" 🙂  The color for the shading would be around R=0 G=211 B=211 as seen in sRGB.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines