• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hypertext within 150pg. document?

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have someone using Adobe InDesign for my 150 page book. I'm trying to allow the user to be able to click on select words that can send them to a specific page within the book. Is this even possible with InDesign?

Thank you for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved out of the Forum Lounge (not for technical support) and to the InDesign forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The panel you're looking for is the Hyperlinks panel.

You can make a hyperlink to a particular page in your document, to a URL (obviously), or to a "text anchor." Text anchors have to be defined first (by using the flyout menu on the Hyperlinks panel) to insert a special hidden character into the text on the page. I always do this because I expect to have to repaginate my work in the future when content is added or removed in a revision.  But if your book is done and never going to be revised, you can just have your hyperlinks point at pages, instead of at a particular text anchor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines