Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool Tips using Robohelp

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RoboHelp 2015. My company is looking if we can create a ToolTip and link it with RoboHelp output file.

So when a user clicks on Question Mark sign a ToolTip will open which describes the function in 2 lines and will also have a link for detail description which has to be RoboHelp.

Thanks,

Atinder Sodhi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that is known as "What's This" help. RoboHelp 2015 Release has an area for that. Click the Project tab and choose the Output Setup pod. In that pod is something called Context Sensitive Help. Expand that and you see What's This ? Help Files.

That's about as far as I can lead you. I'm only aware of their existence and how they work from an end user perspective. I've never created them myself.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For a client, I've created a custom workflow for this. They generate a WebHelp output. Using scripts, that WebHelp output is stripped down so that every topic only contains the tooltip help. The application reads the topics from disk and integrates them with the software.

As for an alternative: do your developers have a resource file that you can edit? Perhaps they have an XML for tooltips and you can simply provide them with the text. No further work for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp