• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Online-Help displayed

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2006 Jul 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just newly installed RoboHelp X5 for .NET on my Windows XP, SP2 PC with Opera 9 (default) and Internet Explorer 6 SP2.

When I click the first or second item in the "Help" menu of RoboHelp, nothing happens . I.e. it looks as if the IE was trying to do something. But nothing is visible on the screen.

The same behavior I get when I try to test the Context-Sensitive help of a tiny FlashHelp or WebHelp project. Below I describe what I do, perhaps I'm missing something important.

1. Install RoboHelp X5 Pro.Net
2. Start RoboHelp
3. Click the first item in the "Help" menu.

Results:
Just nothing happens. This behavior is true for ALL help that seems to use a browser.
We have tried on several machines. Always the same nonsense. All PCs except mine use IE as default browser.

4. Create any Help-Project that relies upon a browser (e.g. WebHelp, FlashHelp). Just two topics. Project name in my case: FlashHelp
5. Generate the project and press "View Result". The result is displayed in the default browser (Opera 9 in my case). This is (astonishingly) ok.
6. Create Map-Ids for Context-Sensitive Help for the available topics in the project. Generate project.
7. Start "CSH-Test", choose the appropriate "FlashHelp.htm" and map-id-file. Press "Show Help".

Result:
Nothing happens. Obviously the Internet Explorer is trying to do something. But you don't see anything on the screen.
The same utterly disappointing result you get when you create a small C# application (derived from the example installed with RoboHelp).

By the way:
If I create a HTML-Help instead of a FlashHelp or WebHelp project everything works as expected, even my own C# application. For HTML-Help there are, however, much cheaper tools than RoboHelp. We want to use FlashHelp.

Comment:
I suppose that all this misbehavior comes forth from the same problem.
And as I can't open the online-help I cannot even try to figure out what could be wrong .

Thanks a lot for any useful hint.
Walter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 05, 2006 Jul 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Walter,

it looks like you are reading RHs airplane help (this opens up the help on their server rather than the local help). If you are having trouble reading the help, click the Tools menu | Options, select the General tab and select 'Use offline help'....that's a start. Hopefully others can help you with the more dramatic issues you are experiencing.

Kind Regards
Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Craig,

I had the same problem and the answer you gave Walter helped me solving the problem, so thanks

Kind rregards
Fritzj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp