• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE CC 2017 Can't edit or highlight Text Layer

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem used to crop up from time to time in every version of AE CC and I could never figure out what caused it.  I had the issue with CC 15.3, so I tried updating to 2017 to see if it solved the problem.  No dice. 

Basically, I can't highlight or change any of my text layers.  I can't even create a new text layer.  I can select the layer in the timeline or in the comp window, but when I double-click the layer, it highlights for a split second and then the bounding box re-appears.  I'm not sure if I've inadvertently set something to cause this or what.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Annnnnnd.... the issue is gone.  Having done nothing to affect a change despite re-rendering some comps, I can now edit my text again.  I would still love to know how and why this happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never experienced that issue on my Mac or Windows machines. We would need a lot more information in order to start narrowing it down. So, if it happens again, reply here letting us know and we'll ask those follow-up questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I wish I could give a more detailed run down on what leads up to this issue, but it seems to be such a random occurrence.  Next time it happens I'll re-post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue.  Very frustrating.  I wish I could go back to CS6 which ran faster and didn't have so many bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue

check your type settings in the preferences and see you are using "European and east asian"

I wish I could go back to CS6 which ran faster and didn't have so many bugs

if you are a CC subscriber (you must be if you are using CC) you can download all version all the way back to CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact the same over here! But with CC 2022.

I think it has to do with a shortkey, but can't figure out the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone still has the issue, it just popped on my 2024 project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haven't resolved this issue unfortunately 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
7 hours ago 7 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It has something to do with the rendering. Because I can´t even playback the timeline. But it is only within one project. Other projects work well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines