• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects is importing my still images as black and is previewing as black

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep trying to import a PNG or any other file it will not show up. It only previews as black  at the top and my other programs I have are previewing the images just fine besides After Effects.

It also will not show up in my composition. Again, it keeps showing up as black. in both the preview screen at the top, in main space, and in a new composition.

I don't know why. Someone please help. I have a school project due on Monday and I need to get this done.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OS and AE version down to the last decimal point would help. You should be on the latest version you choose to run. Has this ever worked before? What happens when you try a different .png file or a different format?

What kind of PNG files? There are lots of options and bit depths available. Some are not suitable for video production.

We need more info...

There is  png color space bug but without knowing the details of your system and your workflow it's impossible to give you a direct answer or solution to your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines