Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced 3D Light Rays in After Effects/Cannot Rotate 3D

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am new to After Effects, but have come quite a long way with a tutorial on making a 3D light ray. Here is the tutorial I am using: Advanced 3D Light Rays in After Effects! - YouTube

I am stuck on time marker 5:50, where it wants to push the Point back behind the white light. When I try to use my rotation tool the way he does, my whole image only rocks back right to left. There is no 3D rotation at all. Therefore, I am having a problem progressing. I have tried different camera views, but it will not allow me to move my Point when I do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am sure it has to do with me not being familiar with the basics, but I do not want to give up on how far I've come with this! I'd like to finish it. I will go back and learn the basics when this is over instead of tackling such a huge project.

Thanks in advance for your response(s)!

-Sarah

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's likely that you missed a couple of steps earlier.

You're only five minutes in, try going back and make sure you don't miss something.

Although, if you're new to AE, this tutorial is probably too advanced to jump right into.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines