• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component within MovieClip gets deleted after closing and reopening fla file

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a simple movieclip that can't retain the slider component that's within the movieclip. I mean I can put it there and everything seems to work until I close the project and reopen it and the slider isn't there anymore.

Now this little snippet is from a flash file that's gone through many upgrades over the years. I copied the Movie Clip from my project and put it into this small standalone fla file so you can see what's wrong. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing or not doing that could cause this problem?

Here is a link to the file with no slider component in it. Try adding the slider component into the movieclip. Then save the file, close it, and reopen it. The slider component won't be within the movieclip anymore:

http://aberlechiropractic.com/test3.fla

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

there was something corrupt in your fla.  i'm not sure what that is/was.  everything should work in the fla i sent you and should be able to re-enable export for actionscript and do anything else you would normally do.

when you hit a quirky problem like that, it can often be remedied by creating a new fla and copying the problematic symbol from the problematic fla to the new fla.

that didn't work with your fla, so the next step is to copy all the frames from the problematic movieclip to a new movi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot tell what you did other than turn off "Export for ActionScript" which I need since I'm creating instances during runtime. Can you explain further because your slider stayed within the MovieClip, I just don't know what the problem was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking this is a bug in 2017 version of Flash Animate. Anyone else think so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there was something corrupt in your fla.  i'm not sure what that is/was.  everything should work in the fla i sent you and should be able to re-enable export for actionscript and do anything else you would normally do.

when you hit a quirky problem like that, it can often be remedied by creating a new fla and copying the problematic symbol from the problematic fla to the new fla.

that didn't work with your fla, so the next step is to copy all the frames from the problematic movieclip to a new movieclip in the new fla.  that usually works.

when that fails, you usually need to look for a problematic symbol that's in the problematic movieclip.  the obvious choice in your example would be to copy all the frames from the problematic movieclip except the layer/frame with the slider and paste the layers/frames to the new movieclip in the new fla and then add a slider from the new fla's components panel to the new movieclip.

i'm not sure if that last step is necessary in your example, or not.  you can test yourself to find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. After running through your detailed explanations I was able to resolve the problem. For several years now, I've had intermittent problems with people using different machines/operating systems where there was an unknown error that drove me nuts. Could it be that this corrupt movieclip was the problem all along? Where it would work for the most part, but then cause problems at other times?

Plus, it wasn't until I updated to 2017 that this error even showed up to where I could search out a problem. The error message literally never showed up prior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something got corrupted, but i don't know if it's a corrupt movieclip or a problematic component (which is a movieclip) or some combination of factors.

i don't recall ever seeing a problem similar to the one you had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having the problem. I completely recreated that movie clip. New symbols, new names, etc and the slider keeps disappearing when I save. Now I'm talking about my entire large fla, not the small clip I started this thread with. So now I'm thinking I have a corrupted fla file. But this all started with the 2017 flash update. The good news is I found the little bug that's been driving me crazy for years, but now I'm dealing with this whole new issue. Wondering if it's Animate 2017.

Are others having this problem? At least one other person has found this thread helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, another slider has disappeared from another movieclip in my file. Now I'm sure it's Animate 2017 that's still using a slider component from January 2013. Thinking of going back a version of Animate. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make a fresh FLA with all of the components you need in your old FLA, and put one of each onto the stage, are they still there when you save, close, reopen that FLA?

If they are, one option would be to copy those components in the library of the new FLA and paste them into the library of a copy of the old FLA, letting it replace all of the old components with the ones from Animate 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having it too, with two TextInput controls. Like you, I just started having the issue with Animate CC 2017. The app has worked for years without an issue, and now this. Every time I re-open the .fla for editing, those two controls are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to go back to Animate 2015.2 and start with my last saved version from 2015.2

I was able to keep 2017 installed however to view my code changes and transfer them to the 2015.2 version. I did submit this as a bug for 2017 and hopefully it will be resolved in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, we're aware of this issue and its already being investigated internally.

We shall let you know once this gets fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines